The Jackson PTSA Programs committee collaborates with Jackson administration and staff to provide school programs that enhance, extend, and enrich the school curriculum. We are always looking for new suggestions and ideas, if you have one please send us an email moc.l1627758361iamg@1627758361tnedi1627758361serpa1627758361stpsh1627758361j1627758361.
Jackson PTSA Senior Scholarships
Our PTSA strives to promote the education and welfare of our students by sponsoring school programs and events. One way in which we can directly impact our students is through our Senior Scholarship Award program which recognizes two Timberwolf seniors who exemplify excellence in academics, school pride and involvement at JHS.
We are pleased to offer individual scholarships, each at $500, to a Jackson High School Senior who best meets the application criteria. A check issued by the Henry M. Jackson High PTSA will be made out to the recipient’s school where they will be attending in the Fall.
You may get the link to the application here: coming spring of 2022
1. Click the link to the application.
2. Click "make a copy."
3. Complete and sign the form.
4. Upload transcript and essay to the Google doc.
4. Send to moc.l1627758361iamg@1627758361tnedi1627758361serpa1627758361stpsh1627758361j1627758361
- Applicant must be a graduating senior of the Class of 2022 at Henry M. Jackson High School.
- Applicant must have achieved a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 through the first semester of senior year.
- Applicant must provide a signed official transcript through the first semester of senior year.
- Applicant must use the scholarship to further their education beyond the high school level at any college, university, trade school, technical school, or junior college.
- Applicant must have proven involvement in at least two school-based activities during their time at JHS. Involvement can be either elected or non-elected roles or positions in any area of the school (i.e. ASB, athletics, clubs/organizations/activities, honors programs, etc.).
- Applicant must provide an original essay (500 word maximum) that addresses the following prompt:
- Explain how you have grown personally and contributed to the growth of others at JHS or in the community at large during your time at JHS. Examples could include how you were supportive of others, provided opportunities, inspired change, initiated constructive programs, and/or showed effective leadership and compassion.
- The following items must be completed and attached for consideration:
- Completed and signed application.
- Signed official transcript.
- Original essay (500 word maximum).
The Reflections Program is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful not only in school but in life. Students in pre-K through grade 12 create original works of art in response to a theme. Students submit their completed works of art in one, or all, of the available arts categories: Visual Arts, Photography, Literature, Music Composition, Dance Choreography, and Film Production. For more information, go to www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/reflections. Please contact our Reflections chair if you have questions, moc.l1627758361iamg@1627758361snoit1627758361celfe1627758361rastp1627758361shj1627758361.
WSPTA Essay Contest
This statewide essay contest explores the important and varied influencers in the lives and education of children, from the children’s perspective. Every day children are exposed to a variety of people and each one has an opportunity to influence the path a child decides to take. Whether it is someone that sparks an interest in a new topic, helps them work through a problem, shapes the kind of person they want to become by modeling behavior, simply listens to them, or any number of other actions, this is the platform for students to share their appreciation. The application deadline is March 1 each year. For more information, go to www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/pta-essay-contest.
Washington State PTA Scholarship Program
Washington State PTA offers three $3,000 scholarships and one $1,000 scholarship to graduating seniors from Washington state public high schools with an active PTA, who will be starting college (either 2-year or 4-year) in the fall. The scholarship may be used to offset the cost of tuition, books, supplies, room and/or board. For more information, go to www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/scholarship-program.
WSPTA Game Development Competition
The WSPTA Game Development Competition is a STEM-based program, introduced in 2016, to encourage and support student success. Students in grades 9-12 (or 7th and 8th grade students as part of a larger group of 9th graders or older) attending a school with a PTA in good standing may participate and share their knowledge of computer science based on an assigned theme. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students, either individually or in teams of up to six members, to use their creative talents and express themselves by developing a game, either a physical board game or a computer game. Students’ submissions are judged in the following areas: best board game, best computer game, arts and animation, game design, programming (code), and audio design. The submission deadline is March 1 each year. For more information, go to www.wastatepta.org/events-programs/game-competition.